This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyu Hands

For those of you who don't know what it is, Tokyu Hands is a kinda department store all over Japan. I guess it's a bit like walmart, but by Japanese standards.

Just a couple weeks before Christmas, maybe less, and I'm finally getting the artificial tree. I see the one I want, approach one of the men, say "Excuse me" (one of the few Japanese phrases I know), and even with the language barrier it's pretty quickly understood which tree I want.

He leaves very quickly to check the stock while I putter around the Christmas area, looking at various Christmas ornaments and displays while I'm waiting. I end up waiting... eh maybe 10, 15 minutes? I actually lost track of time - they had nice items on display. The man came back every few minutes - while still looking for the tree - to apologize for the delay and then he arrives with a large box.

He looked very pleased at my "Domo arigato!" (emasis on the words cos I was really impressed). He then carried it to the register for me as well.

all i can say is... even though i know japan's known for really good service, he still impressed me. and this was christmas rush. (especially for us Gaigin)

Working...
X