This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Bookstore Associate!

This story is actually from a few months back...

I went to the bookstore located in my local mall, which is a Border's Express, and I walked in looking for The Kite Runner, but I couldn't remember the author and as such, couldn't find it. I waited in line to talk to this one associate, and when I got up, I told her I couldn't remember the author, but gave her the title, and due to the immense popularity of the book, she knew what I was talking about and where it was. She brought me right over, and we saw that A Thousand Splendid Suns was on sale, but The Kite Runner wasn't. I ended up picking up ATSS instead, and the associate and I got to talking. I mentioned how I love reading, but never have time for it, and she was telling me how she had a week's vacation where she was going to be catching up on her own reading, and she also told me about the perks of working at a bookstore-- renting books to read! Overall, great service, wonderful woman. But the story doesn't end there.

A month or so later, I went to the Border's at a different mall near me, and was looking for children's fairy tale books for a class I was taking. Lo and behold, who do I get for assistance but this wonderful associate! She had transferred stores, and it was one of her first shifts in the new location. Since it was a full size bookstore, she was having a tough time finding some of the stuff I was looking for (she did better than I did though! ) and I totally understood since I've been there, done that. We ended up putting one of my books on order since we couldn't find it, and I went up front to pay for the rest of my books. As I was leaving, I hear my name being called, and I look up, and it's Wonderful Associate! She had found the book, and was trying to get my attention before I walked out the door. I got a survey to fill out for the visit that day, and I called in and gave her a glowing positive response... but I couldn't remember her name. I felt like such a jerk for that, but I did the best I could to describe her, so I hope that whoever heard the message knew who I was talking about and gave her a great big thumbs up!
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office
Working...
X