This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate fixes everything

So, after the old lady incident (see "Old ladies hate to walk"), my faith in humanity was pretty much shattered (not that it wasn't before...)

So, I'm standing behind the counter handing out boxes as usual. I had just cleared out a line of about a dozen people, all of whom were complete idiots. (The box says "This is the smallest box we have". People point to the box and go "Do you have anything smaller?". Ten people in line, I ask them all for their receipts, and the eleventh person goes "Oh... you need my receipt?" No, ma'am, you're special. Of course I don't need to see your receipt.)

But anyway. After clearing out my line, I had about a thirty second breather before the next person came up. She had a bag with all sorts of purchases on it, and on top was a bag of Lindt chocolate. (If you've never had Lindt before, you MUST try it. It's brilliant). So, me, being the goofball that I am.... I say "Ooh! You brought me chocolate! Hm... I should run down there and get my free sample."

And Lindt lady says "Oh, well here! You can have one!" And she proceeds to open up the bag.

And I'm like "Oh, no no no! You don't have to!"

But no. She opens up the bag, pulls out a chocolate and hands it to me. "Here! Merry Christmas."

I mean, it was just a stupid chocolate, it wasn't a ride in a DeLorean or anything, but it was still really sweet.
Working...
X