Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They make the 6% sales tax worth paying :-)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They make the 6% sales tax worth paying :-)

Normally, when we go shopping, we tend to go to New Hampshire to avoid paying the 6% sales tax on non-food, non-clothing items that would come with shopping here in Vermont. For example, there is a GameStop where we normally shop, but we haven't had much pleasure going to any of the NH locations. Being hassled to find out if we want help finding something as soon as we get in the door, having to deal with the corporate script every time we check out, etc.

However, if we go north to Berlin, Vermont, there is an EB Games-turned-GameStop in the little mall there. We don't get any of that corporate garbage there...what we do get are staff that are very knowledgeable and helpful, and apparently feel the scripting interferes with the customer experience. Here's what we had yesterday, when I went looking around and turned to the counter for help.

Employee: Need help finding something?
    Me: Yeah...I'm looking for a PS2 memory card.
    Employee: Sure! Do you want new or used?
    Me: Doesn't really matter, as long as it's not third-party.
    Employee: I know exactly what you mean.

He sold us a new Sony-branded memory card, and we chatted a bit about the games we were playing and the reason why we needed the Sony card (apparently, We ♥ Katamari doesn't like Max Memory cards, and this has been documented in several places online) and we left there very happy.

So, Berlin GameStop...
    "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe
Working...
X