This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple store in Sapporo.

I was in Sapporo Japan a couple of months ago - same city where they make the beer yes - and went to the Apple store there to buy a new iPod.

I went to use it and... eh? It's not charging... I've dealt them them enough to know they get cranky when they run out of power, but...you can still charge them. After trying for the whole day, I decided it had to be a broken pod.

The next day I went back. First of all...I'm not sure if they do this in the States but in Japan they had a nice ticket system where you just use a computer & fill out some basic info, and you find out when you'll get served. Not bad since it also works with both Kanji & English names.

Anyway, my wait was.. .all of 2 minutes since they just opened. The tech took about 10 minutes of fiddling with the ipod, trying to test it on some computers & chargers... finally he came to the same conclusion that I did. The iPod is broken.

But... oh nos.... I had the box and receipt, but not all of the packaging and papers n stuff. Most stores make a big fuss about it... but did they? Nope. They brought out a new iPod box, had me test it to make sure it worked, and put it in my old box. the broken ipod went to the new box to be sent off to wherever they send broken stuff.

so... yay for apple service in japan.

That is so true for service just about everywhere her ein Japan - it is so refreshing

Comment

Sounds identical to the system they have in the US. Apple customer service is top notch.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        Sounds identical to the system they have in the US. Apple customer service is top notch.
        yeah... from what my bf said apple has like a 94% customer satisfaction rating.

i remember reading one popular computer blog where the guy mentioned the trouble he was having with his apple laptop. laptop #1 had a broken camera so he sent it back in and it got replaced (free) . laptop #2 (the replacement) had a drive making funny sounds so he brought it in to be fixed.... the apple store couldn't replace it, but only cos it was an online-purchase model and not a model they carried... but he could still send it in and get it replaced. (again free)

Well after that... he got a call from the Office of Steve Jobs... In addition to the replacement laptop they offered him some free stuff as an apology.

when's the last time any other computer company did that for someone?

Comment

Having been a Mac person all my life I can say that the only tow issues I ever had with apple we resolved quickly. I once case the Apple store employee had to check with a manager, who was dealing with a shoplifter incident at the time and was busy with the local PD. They said come back in about 5-10 minutes.

Since the store was in a mall i went a few stores down to get a quick bite to eat. The employee must have seen where I went and, while I was eating in the mall area the manager came by and told me he would be waiting when I came back. I finished up and he was waiting by the door, handled the transaction even reimbursed me for my pretzel and coke.

Comment

Working...
          X