Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Ruby Tuesday Waitress (and Manager)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Ruby Tuesday Waitress (and Manager)

The hubby and I went out for dinner last night at Ruby Tuesday. Our waitress was quick getting our orders and our drinks. I ordered the "Bayou Sirloin," a 9-ounce sirloin with Parmesan cheese sauce and shrimp. A couple minutes later, the waitress came to let me know that they were out of 9- and 7- ounce steaks, and did I want her to ask her manager if they could do the 12-ounce instead? I said sure. She let me know that the manager had okayed it, and I got a 12-ounce steak for the price of a 9-ounce. I couldn't eat the whole thing, but I now have half a cheesy steak for lunch tomorrow. Yum.

She was pretty quick with drink refills, and everything was good.

Also, when she brought our dessert out, she said that it had kind of fallen apart when it came out of the oven, because of the heat. (It was a little crumbled on one side, but didn't look bad.) If we wanted, she'd bring a new one. We told her that was fine and enjoyed the dessert, and life was good.

Needless to say, she got a good tip, although I have to wonder how sucky the customers at this restaurant usually are that she thought we'd care about the dessert not coming out picture perfect...

When I would go to the deli and order a pound of sliced roast beef, I'd watch the deli girl start the carefully make it EXACTLY 1.00 pound. The first time I just watched and thought maybe she was a little obsessive. Let her have her fun, right?

The second time I went in, another deli girl did the same thing (my local Haggen's always hired the nicest college girls to work in the deli, I didn't mind that they were also very, very cute ).

So, I said "You know, it's OK if it's a little off."

Apparently, some customers want EXACTLY 1.00 pound of meat. EXACTLY. Or they get upset.

I told them, "Look, it's OK with me if you're off by a little ... you know, somewhere between 0.80 and 1.20 is just fine with me."

I later found out that one had gotten written up because she didn't measure some ham just perfectly for an SC. I mean seriously! We're talking sliced meat here, not 24K gold. Get a grip!
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
      When I would go to the deli and order a pound of sliced roast beef, I'd watch the deli girl start the carefully make it EXACTLY 1.00 pound. The first time I just watched and thought maybe she was a little obsessive. Let her have her fun, right?
      When I was in deli, I would try to do the same. If I was a little over, I would adjust the tare weight of the scale. The deli mgr at the time was fine with us doing that.

I had customers who would freak if it wasn't EXACTLY 1 pound (or at least, they'd freak if they got charged for over 1.00 lbs). And the scraps would just go in the trash (... or my mouth) anyway.

The way I see it.. they asked for a pound, they expected to pay for a pound, so I'd make sure they paid for a pound even if it was a little over. If it was more than 1 slice over, I'd remove 1 slice and set it aside ("hey where did this snack come from?? Oh well can't throw it away *MUNCH MUNCH*") unless they told me it was okay to include it. After only a week in deli I was pretty good about slicing within .05 lb anyway though.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        I told them, "Look, it's OK with me if you're off by a little ... you know, somewhere between 0.80 and 1.20 is just fine with me."

I later found out that one had gotten written up because she didn't measure some ham just perfectly for an SC. I mean seriously! We're talking sliced meat here, not 24K gold. Get a grip!
        Can you move to MN and come shop at my deli?

and to the OP, She seemed awesome, but the way she asked really makes you wonder about her normal customers.
        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
        X