This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, awesome Chili's manager!

OK so my Fiance (C) and I were in the local Chili's Grill & Bar, where we will often go after seeing a movie, because it's just across the street from the theater.
    It was our first time there, and it was before I discovered that I am diabetic, so we kind of splurged a lot. heh.
    We ordered our meals, and C got a milkshake. We also ordered quite a few margaritas.
    I can't say about all Chili's but this one, you get your fancy milkshake glass, but you also get the amount that didn't fit in the fancy glass, in a metal cup. So, C had the glass, and gave me the cup. Our server even gave me an extra milkshake spoon thing, since she saw that's what we were doing.
    From our seat, we could see the drink bar, and the guy who made the drinks looked like he was looking for something, but eventually gave up.
    Fast forward to near the end of the meal (and the end of two LARGE alcoholic drinks apiece), I've almost finished my bit of milkshake, and C's is long gone, when I spot something interesting in the bottom of my cup. It's coin-shaped, but thicker, and larger, still coated in milkshake. I pull it out, and wipe it with a napkin.
    Lo and behold! The mystery object (that I had been slightly worried by, mystery object in my shake) turns out to be a milk jug lid. It occurred to me, perhaps this is what Drink Guy was searching for! Me, in my half-past-tipsy state, found this HILARIOUS! C was amused, but not quite as much as me. He signaled our server lady, and she looked at the milk lid with this sort of expression:
    She hurried off, and returned followed by a lovely lady who introduced herself as the manager. I was still recovering from my giggle fit, so C explained.
    We were clearly not upset, but the manager was taking it QUITE seriously. In the end, our milkshake was comped, and our whole meal was given 10 percent off, apparently because we tried to tell her we didn't want her to comp the milkshake, or anything else for that matter.
    So thank you, awesome Chili's manager, for giving us cool discounts, when all we were doing was informing you that your milk lid was not indeed missing, it was simply in the milkshake!
    "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light
Working...
X