This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Hear It for the Cable Company!

We needed a second cable box so an appointment was made for this past Saturday. We were told that the technician would arrive some time between 8AM and Noon.

No problem, we're usually up, dressed and having breakfast by 7 on a Saturday morning.

At about 7:30 we received an automated phone call from the cable company asking us to confirm the appointment. We did.

At about 8:25 we received another call that the technician was about five minutes away. Were we ready for him? We were.

At about 8:35 the doorbell rang.

The technician was polite, friendly and professional. In less than 20 minutes the installation was complete and, since the new box was serving two sets, necessary tweaking had been done. When he was finished, the tech asked where he could deposit a few bits and pieces of trash. He also asked to use our washroom. Certainly.

By 9AM he was gone and all was well.

That was the best and most satisfying service call we've ever had. Kudos to the technician and to the cable company that hired good people like him.
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Believe it or not, I had the same kind of good service from Comcast when I moved last November. I was given a window of time in which the technician would be here, and received a call from him about 10 minutes into that window. He arrived about 10 minutes after the call. He was very efficient and completed the work in about 15 minutes. I was very surprised and extremely pleased. Especially after all the bad things you hear about Comcast service.
    "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
    X