This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected Gift and Advice needed?

My mother, my friend and myself went to a Nando's restaurant tonight for a bit of a feast. The Nando's near us doesn't seem to be doing very good business so it was very quiet. The staff were really helpful, the food was perfect, as always. We tipped a little higher than we usually would, mainly because we were the only ones there and wanted to make sure it was worth the staff staying.

After finishing our meal we got up to leave and the server handed my mother a card. She assumed it was the loyalty card she'd forgotten and we went. Only when we got home we realised that they'd given us a voucher for 3 free meals plus drinks on our next visit. We were really stunned by it and wished we'd realised what it was at the time. My mother has also posted through to their website to compliment the service, without mentioning the voucher, in case their corporate get pissy with them.

We're definitely going to go back but feel guilty about going and just ordering what we get for free. My friend's birthday is coming up so do you think it'd be acceptable to go and have the free meals, but also order desserts and a bottle of wine on top, so they're at least making something more off us? Obviously in addition to a good tip.

Am just so stunned by the kindness of it all.

I say do that, and leave a really good tip. If you are that concerned about them giving you all those free meals, maybe they'd be willing to split up the voucher? Say take one free meal/ drink the next three times you go in?
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

That's a really good idea actually! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X