This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a business, not a playground

As usual, we're shorthanded, and it was very busy tonight, so I was behind.

A group of three girls came in (sisters, as it turned out). The youngest one, perhaps 12 (certainly old enough to know better) decided it would be a good idea to take a shopping cart and run at FULL TILT down the Tape & Fasteners aisle, crashing into two dump bins in the process (but thankfully, not knocking them over).

Not being in the mood for this sort of nonsense, especially form someone who should know better, I stepped over to the end of the aisle and shouted "EXCUSE ME!!!!"

But before I could say anything else, the oldest sister LIT into Little Miss Speed Demon. She yelled at her so loud you could hear it up at the Copy and Print center, four aisles away, on a busy, noisy night.

Big Sister: THIS IS A BUSINESS!!!!!! NOT A FRIGGIN' PLAYGROUND!!!!!! DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO TELL DAD!!!!!!

And the misbehavior stopped immediately. I was impressed. Typically, I see siblings encouraging poor behavior in each other when in public, not the other way 'round.

And it saved me the trouble of having to confront the Speed Demon. Bravo!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 08-05-2009, 05:40 AM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Another awesome thing about this is apparent that the threat has merit, that if Dad /were/ to be informed about said misbehavior, there would be consequences. Therefore I think this is a result of awesome parenting, so kudos to the parents as well as big sis.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Working...
    X