This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome couple

It was about a week ago, and I was standing at the register thinking how badly chapped my lips were (this fact is important to the post).

This couple comes through my line and while I'm checking them out, I'm licking my lips. I was having to do it a lot as I didn't bring my Carmex to work, and spit only helps for a minute or two at best.

So they ask why I am doing it, and I tell them. Suddenly they turned around to look at the shelf behind them, and ask what brand of chapstick I use.

Imagine my surprise when they pluck a tube of the stuff from the shelf and proceed to buy it, and hand it to me. I thank them profusely and finish checking them out. At this point my lips were so dry I was practically ing when I managed to GET the Carmex on my lips.

They paid with a gift card and they had less than a dollar left on the gift card...so what did they do with the remainder?

The male of the couple turned around and gave it to the guy behind him.

This couple is helping to restore my faith in humanity.
    Last edited by Tama; 02-18-2010, 03:15 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Wow they seem like nice people!

-My lips get chapped ALL the time, and I always hate forgetting my chapstick at home. I actually bought one I keep in my locker just in case I do forget, so I can just grab it and put it in my pocket when I work

Comment

Wow. I was reading this section of the forum to help restore faith in humanity and this certainly helped! Amazing!
      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
        This couple comes through my line and while I'm checking them out, I'm licking my lips. I was having to do it a lot as I didn't bring my Carmex to work, and spit only helps for a minute or two at best.
        Actually, wetting your lips works wonders; you just have to wipe away all excess moisture immediately. Otherwise, in the process of the water evaporating, it will pull extra moisture from your lips.

Of course, a good lip balm is much more effective, and can add a nice shine, too.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

that's so sweet. My chap stick normally goes through the washing machine, so I go through them like water...
          "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

Whenver I have a small amount left on a GC, I almost always give it away to the next person in line....I love the SHOCKED looks I get

Only time I didn't do this recently....I have a $1.50 left on a card to store I don't like, but there was noone to give it to

That couple sounded awesome
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

What an awesome couple!

Comment

Working...
              X