This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Easter Bunny's Holiday Miracle

This past April, I had walked out of my job at Hellmart. In the middle of a shift, ten days before inventory, no less. No, they weren't happy , but they had it coming.

Anyway, I was jobless and trying to pay my rent, so I was furiously passing out resumes to anywhere that would take them. A man at a comic book store in the local mall informed me the mall manager was looking for a young woman to play the Easter Bunny - hand out chocolates, take pictures with the kids. $12 and hour for sitting down all day in a massive bunny suit, listening to adorable children tell you what they wanted for Easter, and holding babies?

It was the best two weeks of my life, but here's something that made it even better:

My second-last day as the Easter Bunny, we were insanely busy. The best thing ever happened at the end of my shift. All week, I kept seeing this little girl (she's probably about 11) named Alanna. She'd come and hug me, visit and even brought a picture she drew for me (well, for the bunny).

That day, she finally got her picture done, about 10 minutes before the photographer (who was the nicest woman in the world, by the way, serious, best job ever) was closing up for the year.

All week, another little girl, a 2-year-old named Holly, was brought to see me by her parents and grandparents. She was terrified of me. Wouldn't get close. She'd shriek bloody murder if they tried to put her on my lap. It was terrible, because I felt awful for the poor little thing who was so scared, but also her grandparents who just wanted a picture. (NOTE: they were very kind to her and weren't forcing her like a lot of adults I encountered over the week did). All they wanted was a picture. They had tried no less than five times to get her picture done, but she was NOT having this.

They brought her down that day,, and she screamed and cried. Her grandparents tried one more time after Alanna (older girl mentioned above who'd been so sweet to me) got her picture, at the absolute last second possible. Holly, again, was having none of it. Alanna went up to her, and talked to her for a few minutes, explaining how the bunny wouldn't hurt her, and how getting her picture would be fun. Then she took Holly from her grandmother's arms, brought her in to me - and Holly sat there. And smiled. And got her picture taken. And even said, "BYE BYE!" with a huge smile on her face as she waved at me when they left.

It was an Easter miracle and I actually was crying happy tears inside my costume. It was great.
    "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

Some things a kid will only believe when it comes from another kid. So cute!
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Aw that is so freaking adorable I wanna give Alanna peep smores!

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
        Aw that is so freaking adorable I wanna give Alanna peep smores!
        Peep smores? I like that idea. I definitely have to make some.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
        X