Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sean rocks! (and stuupid mangment)(language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean rocks! (and stuupid mangment)(language)

Title misspelled on purpose!

See, once in a while management at Mal-Mart will hand out memos about one thing or another. WIC changes; things like that.

This latest one was about not standing around to clock out on the dot and such.

Its errors were so massive I cannot even begin to list them all.

Here are two examples (verbatim!):

"You are not to clock in go to your lockers, the breakroom, restroom an stop to talk to everyone you konw"

"You may not wait until the time on the dot the clock"

Seriously...what...the....fuck? Grammar and spelling resemble utter SHIT.

But the reason for posting HERE is not this, but a co-worker, "Sean"'s reaction.

Sean is a large, quiet sort of guy. Though yesterday when I showed this memo to him, he seemed to get quietly angry.

"I'm taking this to 'Jeff' (our store manager)," he said, "I told him when I was hired I don't like working for stupid people!"

He said that. He actually said that!! Kudos, Sean, I wouldn't have your stones to do that sort of thing!
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Umm, so are you sure that that is what the memo was trying to say?

In Sean's case I would almost say that I couldn't understand the memo because of the errors.

Can you let us know the rest of the story, if there is more?

Also, kudos to Sean!
    Began work Aug as casual '08
    Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
    Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
    Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Feck it - if the memo is that badly written it could mean absolutely anything. Carry on as normal!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth ottid View Post
        Umm, so are you sure that that is what the memo was trying to say?

In Sean's case I would almost say that I couldn't understand the memo because of the errors.
        I think the memo was saying "Clock in after you change, and don't waste time before starting (after clocking in)

Also, please do not wait until the nanosecond before your shift starts to clock in."
        "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

Working...
        X