This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super nice blind man

When I was a cashier, there was an old blind black man who would come in and require some assistance with his shopping. Sometimes his son (nephew? grandson?) would come to help, but he was usually on his own. I got him a few times, and would help him get his food, but I remember a particularly fun day with him.

I helped him get his food, and I brought him to my register to ring him up, but kept the line closed so he wouldn't be bothered by customers behind him. His total didn't come up to much, less than $50. We brought out his wallet and was looking for a $50. His wallet was literally overflowing with money, but they were mostly $1 bills. He would pull each bill out partially and ask what it was.

"it's a one"

"still one"

"one too"

"one"

Eventually 3 other cashiers got into it, we were just saying "one" repeatedly until he did pull out a $50 bill finally. 3 of us just absent-mindedly said "one" while the 4th cashier yelled "NOPE! thats a fifty!" For some reason, it lightened our day, maybe just to see the guy in a happy mood and joking around. For some reason, I had to share this one.
    Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.
Working...
X