This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great waitress at The Melting Pot

My husband and I went to The Melting Pot on Monday for my birthday. Neither of us had ever been before, my husband had never had fondue ever, and I hadn't had it since I was really little. So it was basically a first-time experience for both of us.

Everything was pretty much perfect. I honestly don't think it could've been better. We had made reservations for 7:15 and requested private seating. We got there around 7:10 and were seated by just after 7:15, in a private little booth that was pretty inaccessible by everyone except the wait staff. The food was delicious and fun to make, but even more impressive was the waitress.

Our server was a gal named Kim who was fantastic. She walked us through the whole menu, answered any questions that came up during the meal, explained everything as she made it, checked back on us multiple times (despite our out-of-the-way location), refilled our drinks promptly, and was super-friendly, making small-talk with us while she made the fondue.

After we got home, I wrote a comment on their website's comment section complimenting the food and especially Kim. Tonight I got a call from the store owner thanking us for complimenting her! He said that most often when they get feedback from customers, it's negative, so it was very, very nice to hear positive feedback when nothing had gone wrong. He was super-pleased and said that Kim was also very happy and that she was going to be their featured waitress...not sure what he meant, but it sounded good!

I can't wait to go back there. It's expensive enough that we can't exactly add it to our regular rounds of restaurants that we go to on the weekend, but it'll definitely be our go-to spot for special occasions. My parents are going to come see us sometime next fall and we'll definitely take them there...and I'm going to specifically ask for Kim to be our server, if they let us.

Melting Pot I haven't heard of. Now, The BOILING Pot is something I have heard of.

Awesome.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

We have one of those here. I only went by once to buy a gift card for a then-boss.

I actually showed up before they were technically open, but they were cool with just selling a gift card.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
      X