This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goths=Nicest People

Attended the IGUN (Industrial Goth Underground Night) at the Skybar in Bowling Green, OH last night. Probably THE best time I've had in a long time. Everyone was awesome. You accidently hit them or bump into them while dancing, they smile and say it's ok, they've done it before as well.
    My friend who was with me lost his phone and we didn't realize it until we were about to leave. We go back in to look for it on the dance floor. No go. We go to the back patio where we sat to cool down and smoke. Not where we sat. So we go up to the bar and aske the bartender if anyone turned in a little silver phone. He says hang on and digs through the lost and found and pulls the phone out. We thank him and leave. At any other bar or club, that phone would have been long gone. Not once did I have to keep an eye on my purse either. Usually they have a coat check for those things, but the guy who works it normally wasn't there, so I was a little worried. I set my purse down and came back 3 hours later, purse is still there, nothing missing out of it. How awesome is that?!
    Plus, the staff were all the coolest people I've met in a while. Some of them you couldn't even tell they worked there, being dressed up as everyone else and dancing like everyone else. Had a guy who did a routine with glow sticks, we met him in the parking lot when were leaving and he said that he was one of the DJ's dancers. Never would have guessed it.
    If any of you get the chance, you should go. It is a awesome time, with awesome metal-techno music to dance to all night!
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Sounds like my kind of evening. I'm really, really glad that you had a great time, for two reasons.
    • Well, you had a great time. What's wrong with that?
    • I know that a lot of people tend to judge books by their covers, etc. Ever since High School, I've experienced firsthand reputation-breaking events like this. The skaterboys were the most awesome people at the school to hang around with. Most of the goths were consistently on the high honor roll. Awesome people, they were.

Best of all, they're open minded enough to know not to shut peoples' opinions out, or stick to what is "normal." You can't even define that word properly, much less act like it. So be interesting, and make some friends in the process.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Working...
    X