This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complimenting the people who do what I used to do

I used to work in the call center of a pet supply store, and I still order from them sometimes. Today I called to place an order and talked to a girl who, I assume, was relatively new, at least new since I'd quit the company since I didn't recognize her name/voice and I knew everyone in the call center at the time I quit. She did a bang-up job -- admittedly, I was only ordering one item, but I did have her change the address on our file since we're moving, and I had her add my name to the file (previously it was just my husband's name on the file.) Anyway, I knew that when I used to work there, customers would sometimes ask for a supervisor at the end of the call if they liked the agent who helped them, to compliment them, and those compliments would go on the agent's record and would be brought up (positively) during the annual reviews. Plus, it always made an agent's day when they got a compliment from a customer.

So, I asked for a supervisor, and talked to one who I knew quite well when I worked there. She, and the agent, were really pleased that I took the time to compliment her, since most customers don't think to do so. Plus, it was cool to talk to one of my nice former co-workers!
Working...
X