This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Rite Aid pharmacist

Our cat regularly needs fluids (Lactated Ringers Solution) administered under the skin in order to flush her kidneys. This takes quantities of fluids that are expensive to ship, and for which the vet charges a fortune ($8/liter; we go through a liter every ten days, along with a $2.50 set of IV tubing (mail-ordered, and five $.07 needles (also mail-ordered.))

To save on cost, we have been ordering the fluids through a local Rite Aid. (Approx. $2/liter, when ordered by the case.)

We recently file a new scrip for another shipment. I go to pick it up, and discover that they only gave me eight bags instead of twelve. Since I don't get a full case discount, the price comes out higher.

I mention this to the pharmacist, who figures out what happened. Somebody else came in and ordered four at some point in the past, but the pharmacy has to order a whole case at once. Pharmacy tech must have not been paying attention, saw the big crate of fluids on the floor, and assumed we must have asked for a partial fill.

The pharmacist profusely apologizes and offers to let me have all eight bags for only $10, just to get the bulky box out of the way. (Since it is prescription item, it can't be stored in the backroom.)

I then ask if by any chance he has macrodrip IV linesets. He ponders, wanders into the backroom, and comes back with another huge box. Turns out those can only be ordered 48 at a time, and somebody got 5. He offers those for $2 a piece, and now I don't have to pay shipping. To make it even better, it's 10 drops/ml, which flows faster than the 15 drops/ml I've been mail-ordering.

I go for the trifecta and ask if he happens to have 19-gauge Thin Wall needles. He replies no (and can't find any during a quick run through the catalog), but says he can probably get them, and next time we need them, just call, and he'll track some down.

He calls today (just a couple days later) and informs us he now has 19 gauge Thin Wall needles! He figured we'd want them eventually, so he decided to just order a box to have on hand.

Rite Aid, for the price of some discounts on bulky and obscure merchandise that would probably expire before being sold, just bought a loyal customer whenever I need something from a drugstore.

THAT is how customer service is supposed to work!

SirWired
    Last edited by sirwired; 04-30-2010, 12:38 AM.

Then send a TY card with a picture of Kitty....reminding him he's helping all kinds of needs, not just humans.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Seriously. A person like that who gets a card will stop at no ends to please you if you went to all that trouble because that pharmacist did. It's well worth having a friend in a place like that.
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

What a sweetie! And I bet it's because you were nice, too!
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
          Then send a TY card with a picture of Kitty....reminding him he's helping all kinds of needs, not just humans.
          Corporate might appreciate a note also; it would make a nice change from the complaints they usually hear.

You might ask the pharmacist first, though, for some tips on the wording, just to make sure he didn't do anything that Harrisburg would get annoyed at him for if they heard about it.

As an example: I recently ran out of baby formula on a Friday night (long story, we'd bought a can and couldn't find it that night when we unpacked the bags), and my mom walked over to the local Aid of Rite to see of we could get some more. Problem is Friday night is the Sabbath, and we can't carry money or conduct transactions, so she asked the FE manager if he'd advance her a can and we'd come back Saturday night and pay them for it. He agreed to do this, which I have to admit surprised me. When I went back to pay for the can, he told me he'd wound up paying for it himself, so I gave him the money directly. He said that he'd emailed Corporate to find out how to deal with the situation, and although he didn't say specifically, I got the feeling that they'd told him that he'd better pay out of pocket himself or get dinged for shoplifting! I wanted, and still want, to tell RA Corporate about what a great job this guy is doing and how well he knows how to deal with his religious customers, but I really don't want to get him in trouble with his superiors, and I'm afraid if I send Harrisburg a letter telling exactly what happened and how grateful to him we all were, he's likely to get fired and I don't want to be responsible for that...

Comment

Working...
          X