This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mythical backroom.

Husband and I went looking for some single use vials of eyedrops last night for my allergies. You see, eyeliner always makes my eyes extremely bloodshot because I can't find a paraben-free one. I wear make-up so rarely that buying Clear Eyes is pointless because I use it once, then by the time I need to use it again it's past the 28 day mark for use.

We went to one pharmacy, which directed us to another, where the staff were really helpful. The lady at the counter was trying to find something that would work, then the pharmacist came to help too and checked the stock on the computer. Nothing... and then he said "I'll go check the backroom, in case there's some there that hasn't been put on the computer." It hadn't even crossed my mind to ask about the magical backroom, which is good because there wasn't any there either. Finally he wrote down the name of the product for me and asked if I'd like him to call around some other pharmacies to see if they had any.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Have you tried the masacara from Bare Escentuals? I don't like regular mascara because the paraben makes me feel like I am crying, but I tried the stuff from Bare Escentuals that isn't supposed to have the parabens and I can wear it all day without any problems. I hope this helps.

Comment

I don't know if this would be useful, but...

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php?nothanks=1

You can search for brands/products that don't have the stuff in them.
      "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

Thanks! Both of those suggestions are really helpful, I love the look of the Bare Escentuals eyeliner and the cosmetics database is really interesting.
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
        X