X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPIC FAIL for Poulan\husqvarna, Andersons for the Win

Short version
    So I screwed up, completely my fault for buying crappy product and not testing it quick enough and returning it. The Andersons had my back when the manufacturer didn't
    ---------
    Long Version with some backstory.

Towards end of March was at a regional hardware store called The Andersons.
    Notcied Poulan Pro PP4620AVX chainsaw for $120, but its refurbished, but eh chain and bar worth about $75 together so really for $45 we could get a spare engine.

Just to be safe look it up online, turns out some bad reviews the cool tool free tension system, prone to epic failure, but thats cool spare parts was main reason and eh someone posted a jerry rigged solution to the problem if it comes up.

Didn't get around to testing it because of weather. Then when I did the chain wouldn't stop running, adjusted idle according to manual, didn't work which points to bad clutch. Call 1-800 # because it clearly says DO NOT RETURN TO RETAILER. Called in off hours, got busy few weeks later (2days ago) finally call during their hours. Can't even remember when we bought it, need receipt found. Turns out the number just a parts company but they put me in touch in manufacturer, husqvarna.

30minutes of Hold confirms my fears, I need receipt and they might be able to help even if out of warranty which is nice since I havn't even used the saw to break it. it just never ran right.

When my dad gets home he finally locates the receipt. another 20min of hold, yep ain't crap they going to do 15 days after 30 day warranty even if i ask instead of customer tech support can I get some sort of satisfaction or complaint department. I mean yes I screwed up but chainsaw dangerous piece of equipment that should WORK at least for 5 minutes and I mean its not to much to ask to actually want a chance to break the saw. They offer to put me in touch with a local authorized service center. Which I go OK. Please Note: while I was waiting for my dad to come home from work I got on the poulan website and looked up the local places called one, and the the guy was very nice but couldn't tell me what a new clutch would cost because he doesn't work on poulan and hasn't for at least 2 years when the assured him that they would in fact finally get him removed from their list. stated that many of these manufacturers were the SELL SELL SELL, keep buying new model, forget servicing old type of companies.

Well, the guy from husqvarna stopped short of using the words JACK$%# when talking to me as I was agreeing that, yes I know I probably should have open the box right then and there and tested it (hell actually I should have probably returned it after the reviews were mostly negative but i figure people like to complain). But um it not to much to ask they ship a working product especially when it was one that didn't work before. So after being more than polite trying to see what could be done to you know keep our relationship strong as I know from my job companies have funds to keep people happy, my marketing class also thought me a happy customer tells 10 people, a pissed off customer tells 1000 or more for the next 10 years. (anyone reading this can see that is true).

The tech offers to give me information on service centers, which I guess fine ill at least take that, until of course he gives me the one I have already called and I calmy tell him, no they aren't. His attitude gets much worse than it already was, so I ask what other brands husqvarna produces other than poulan he comes up with Weed Eater, McCulloch. I thank him for his time and the fact that if this is how a customer is treated regardless of me being an idiot as he is suggesting I won't be buying their products because they obviously don't work for crap and furthermore they even care less about customers.

In a last ditch effort I box it back up looking like new after draining the fluids and we head to the Andersons. After Customer Service gets a guy from lawn and garden up, explain what happened and they we got told to bring it back. 30 seconds later we offered full refund or exchange. We go back looking for another saw and decided that since one of 2 boxes was already opened lets not chance another lemon since well they were being more than generous and willing to take back a something 50 days later no hesitation in claiming it defective.

So, I want to commend the wonderful folks at the Anderson's for helping my stupid self out, they didn't need to take back my out of warranty saw that I was to busy to test out against my better judgment, but they did and that commiment to service has made me more than willing to go back there knowing that they saved me whatever it would have costed above the $50 investment to actually have a spare engine. I suppose a thank you needs to go out to the not an actual service center who I plan to call to find a reputable brand to purchase.

I have learned to avoid husqvarna, Poulan, Weed Eater, and McCulloch for the simple fact of if they can't deliver a working product or even information on who can make it work, they are not worth the risk and think I will be contacting their corporate office to let them know how I feel about how I was treated. if it wasn't for the andersons i would be even more vengeful because i would still have their plauge, Seriously a chiansaw that never stops running, haha not to long until someone gets injured and sues. Also, learned TEST things i buy no matter how busy I am.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

I understand your frustrations and I'm sorry for what you had to go through. But I have to kindly disagree, Husqvarna has been a wonderful product for Mom and I. We've never had any problems with their service department or the 800-number. So what you said earlier is true, you managed to get a lemon.

Comment

Of course Husqvarna is more of a premium brand, guess they don't seem to care about their lower end products. I guess it could always be who you seem to get on the phone too.
      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

I don't know if I'm reading your post wrong or something but...

We've had more then just the actaul Husqvarna item and in fact have had a few of their 'lower end' items. I think we're up to 9 of the companies as a whole items. This is also between two households as well. I think we've had to call 4 times total, once on a item that was replaced in full by the company and the other three on needing better instructions. Never had anyone be mean or condenscending specially when the second time we called for help was because I missed reading a step and felt stupid afterwards.

So yea...take it for what you will.

Comment

Working...
        X