This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazingly fast service!

May 27th (last Wednesday) : I not only get the July issue of Trains Magazine, but I realize that I didn't get June's issue.

So, I logged onto the Kalmbach Publishing Company's website, and ask for a replacement, if possible. I got the usual autoresponder promising an e-mail within the next two day. This was 6:30 pm Eastern and 5:30 Eastern in Wisconsin where they are based.

Now, I am not a long-term subscriber - in fact June's would have been only the second issue.

Next day, I get the boilerplate of "Sorry to hear about it - we'll send you a replacement soon, and it'll be there in two weeks"

Now this is the Friday before the Memorial Day long weekend in the US, and knowing how slow things can be, I was more expecting to see August's issue first.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the mailbox today to find the missing issue!

So to Derric at Kalmbach Publishing - THANKS for the quick service!

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Not sure how fast the postal system normaly is, but could it be that the June issue got stuck somewhere enroute and has only just made it to you? Or did they send by a fast means of post? Not that it really matters, because even if you do end up with 2 copies, the company probably won't be out of pocket anyway, just have one less magazine on the shelf for "freebies."
    Began work Aug as casual '08
    Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
    Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
    Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Nope - it was shipped new in a different cover than normal. Usually the posties are good for things like magazines and the such.

B
      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
      X