This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think I'll ever have something like this happen again:

So, yesterday in the wonderful world of BallFart, a group of children came into the store, chaperoned by a bunch of women, presumably moms.

But they were handing out flowers. Not selling them, not selling anything that anyone could deduce. They were giving out flowers to the ASSOCIATES, not the customers. I was personally given a beautiful flower (that my mom later told me was actually a pretty expensive one) by the most adorable little girl who couldn't have been more than 5 years old.

So, a little bewildered, I said my "thank you"s and politely asked what this was all about.

"We just wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work"

Wow... I won't lie, it kind of made my day. Random acts of kindness don't happen very often anymore. Not at ALL sure what that was about, don't really care, it was still a really nice thing to do.
    Follow me on Twitter! I tweet about Retail stuff. Or look for #customerssuck Also D&D and general nerdiness.

Wow, now that is something..you could have probably knocked me over with a feather after something like that.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much all of my CWs were like that, myself included. It was just a weird day in general, but this is the event that started it off. Still, I'd rather have flowers given to me than get yelled at.
      Follow me on Twitter! I tweet about Retail stuff. Or look for #customerssuck Also D&D and general nerdiness.

Comment

Maybe they were doing a girl scout "Pay it forward" type of think?

Not sure ...

But I would have liked to have gotten a flower for free when I was in retail.

Comment

Not sure it was a Girlscout thing, no regalia, and there were boys in the mix. I'm think it might be a church-group type thing, teaching kids about "love thy neighbor" but they didn't SAY anything about that, and it was on a Tuesday... so... I dunno.

Not complaining, just curious.

Comment

I was given a flower once. I was walking through an airport and was asked by a young woman if I would like to buy a flower. I declined, and she said to have one anyway, pinned it to my shirt, and went on her merry way.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Is it wrong that the cynical, black-hearted side of me is surprised the management didn't come and shoo them all out and take your flowers away?

This was such a sweet gesture. I'd have likely been speechless.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Maybe their teacher, or leader, or whatever, has been reading this site, and wanted to make a difference.

Comment

Oh, I am so touched by that story. Thank goodness the managers didn't disrupt it.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                  X