This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wind Beneath my Wings

I was in the little neighborhood grocery today, picking up some fresh po-boy fixin's, when I saw this Mom up front near the big-glass-box-full-of-ice-cream treats...She had her two yung'uns with her, maybe four to six years old, or so. For some reason (maybe he wanted a treat), one of them decided to scream out "NO! MINE! THAT'S MINE!" in the tone and volume of voice achievable only by children and Mariah Carey.

Did the Mom ignore them? Did she go ballistic? Did she blame the workers for not controlling her kids?

No

She simply fixed the two of them with her gaze, and, in the Mom Voice©, said "That Is Unacceptable. Stop Now."

Instant silence.

The best part was, just as she's saying this, I hear the refrain "Did you ever know that you're my heee~roooo" coming over the loudspeaker.
    Last edited by EricKei; 08-05-2010, 01:19 AM. Reason: clarified
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Quoth EricKei View Post
    in the tone and volume of voice achievable only by children and Mariah Carey.
    Bette Midler sang Wind Beneath My Wings, not Mariah Carey.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
      Bette Midler sang Wind Beneath My Wings, not Mariah Carey.
      Er, at what point did I suggest that Carey *did* sing it...?

Tho you are correct in that Midler was one of the many artists that covered that song ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Mom Voice©
        I have Mom Voice© and used it on a customer one night. They were cussing up a storm for no reason and I finally had enough. I Mom Voice'd© "Watch your mouth" and got a "uh..i..i'm sorry.."

Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Er, at what point did I suggest that Carey *did* sing it...?

Tho you are correct in that Midler was one of the many artists that covered that song ^_^
          "one of them decided to scream out "NO! MINE! THAT'S MINE!" in the tone and volume of voice achievable only by children and Mariah Carey."

When you said this.

Comment

Estil, I suspect there is a misunderstanding on your part. EricKei said:

"One of them decided to scream out "NO! MINE! THAT'S MINE" in the tone and volume of voice achievable only by children and Mariah Carey".

Then a few sentences lower, he says:
            "
            The best part was, just as she's saying this, I hear the refrain "Did you ever know that you're my heee~roooo" coming over the loudspeaker. "

As he says, he never said Mariah Carey sang "Wind beneath my wings." He was simply using her as an example of the volume and pitch that the child was screaming at.
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
            X