This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Customer Scammed - Long

Today I went back to work for the morning, and I had the following happen.

A customer phoned for a simple change on his account.I started to look through his details.

I realised something wasn't right on this customer's account, he had all kinds of ridiculous charges (eg £60 for parts which WE supply free of charge usually).I asked him if he would mind me taking a while to see what was going on with his payments, he was really cool and said ok, so I phoned a colleague who deals with the payments and was told no, those should not be charged to the customer.Back and forth I went with various payment details, none of which should have been charged to him!

I then went back to the customer and explained that I would need to ask him various questions, what he had been told, if he had any receipts or account documents from us, he answered all my questions patiently and properly.

At the end I discovered that over the course of a few months he had quite innocently paid us about £300 he had not needed to! I think this is an internal scam, as that money can't go to the company because we don't charge those items! I have made management aware of it.

As for the customer he said perfectly politely that he had thought something was wrong but hadn't liked to makea fuss about it, asked me who he should write to in order to get matters put right, and thanked me for helping.

No screaming, no swearing, no getting impatient. In a phone call which took about an hour and a quarter. Awesome!

If he had started getting ALL SC on me I don't think I would have been able to help as much as I did, I really had to concentrate on what I was seeing and where the invoices would match..and then match his replies to the system data.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

And I like this I had another awesome customer this morning.

She was an elderly lady who started by apologising that she might get some things wrong as she had had a stroke. I was prepared to go slowly with her,but she answered all my questions perfectly and politely and thanked me for my help.

At the end of the call, I reminded her she had said she might get some things wrong, and complimented her that everything had actually been correct, she laughed and said she had written everything down before she called me so she would have most of the infomration ready

Awesome PREPARED customer.

Comment

dang, I havent had a stroke, and I write stuff down to make sure I get it right =)

I wish there were more customers like her!

I got stuck at the CVS I normally go to for stuff that I cant get at the sub base dispensary behind a whole line of people with absolutely nothing prepared [missing insurance cards, missing various information, 2 people forgot their money/credit/debit cards] An hour on line when it should have been about 20 minutes to drop off the scrip
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

And another awesome customer today

This man was over 70 and had an account with us for several decades. Not ONCE had he notified us of any problems! Today he was very apologetic and asked if I could help with a small problem which I did.He kept saying he was sorry and didn't like to complain.

I told him that if he had a problem it wasn't counted as complaining.Its a service he is entitled to and if something goes wrong we must put it right for him so of course he must tell us if he has any problems.

I asked him how it was he had never previously had an problems and he replied that usually any problems sort themselves out eventually so he never complains!

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
          I asked him how it was he had never previously had an problems and he replied that usually any problems sort themselves out eventually so he never complains!
          Can I have him? Please?
          I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

i wish these prepared customers came to my store, because well nothing like having 15 people in line all in a hurry and to dumb to have their method of payment and rewards card ready.

Sounds like you have had some real winners latley and for once im not being sarcasitc
            I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
            X