This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please offer a prayer for Michelle B

I'm posting this to ask our other CS members, especially wait staff, to offer a prayer of support for the waitress I had tonight when I ate at the Back Out.

She gave me very good service. As I was signing the payment slip (and leaving her a good tip, mind) I thanked her and wished her a good evening.

Michelle: Thanks. I'll need it. We're getting a table of 35 coming in right now.
    Me: 35! Oh my god. You poor girl.
    Michelle: And they're teenagers. . . .
    Me:
    Michelle: Pray for me.
    Me: I will.

And I am. I ask other to as well:

We pray Oh Lord, that service goes off without a hitch and there are no Sucky Customers among them, and that they tip well!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

35 Teenagers? Yeah, my thoughts are with her. Hope they are well behaved.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
      We pray Oh Lord, that service goes off without a hitch and there are no Sucky Customers among them, and that they tip well!
      Sure, but that one will really need direct divine intervention .

Comment

May the old gods see them through, and see them with good tips and compliments.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Thirty...five...teenagers?

Hummina hummina hummina hummina....
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I hope they added a mandatory tip on the bill. Most places around here do that for any party larger than 6-8.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
              I hope they added a mandatory tip on the bill. Most places around here do that for any party larger than 6-8.
              I didn't ask, but I presume so. I think 10% is standard.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

just for dealing with them, the tip should be increased to 25%; yikes...35 of them? prayers, voodoo chants and an incantation of protection as well.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  I didn't ask, but I presume so. I think 10% is standard.
                  Only 10%. Around here the standard is adding an 18% tip for large parties. Of course, it is the Washington, DC, metropolitan area.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Only 10%. Around here the standard is adding an 18% tip for large parties. Of course, it is the Washington, DC, metropolitan area.
                    Well, actually, that's where I was at the time: Waldorf MD (went up to visit Mom).

So maybe I way underestimated it. I sure hope she got extra though. That's an awful lot of people to have to give service to.

Comment

Back Out definitely adds a gratuity, so as long as the teenagers pay...

Comment

Around here (Alabama) the automatic tip is 15-18%.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Working...
                        X