X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guys at Daniels Discount and VW Plumbing

...are awesome.

I bought a new stove from them last week, and had it delivered. However, I didn't hear from them when I was supposed to. I called them up, explained about my order, and they said it was some snafu with the paperwork. Even though I'd paid for the stove, they'd misplaced the paperwork. They did some checking around, Bob (who sold me the stove) apologized for the screw-up, and then said my stove would be delivered later...on the same day! You don't get that kind of service from the big-box stores, which is why I try to do business with local stores as much as I can.

Then yesterday, I called up VW Plumbing (ask for Tom), to disconnect the old stove, and hook up the new one. He came when he said he would, and quickly had the new stove set up...and the old one on the porch.

Anyone want to guess who has my business now...if I need new appliances in the future?
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Home Despot?

I bought my woodstove from Lehmans, and it was shipped via a freight train to a shipping agent in Plainfield CT, and the guys there are amazing, they brought it over and actually carried it into the house and helped hubby set it onto the hearth

We love them, they have always been sweethearts. Small town, locally owned.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      Home Despot?
      Hell no! Sure, they have appliances, but they (and Lowe's) tend to cover the higher-end of things. Plus, they charge extra to haul away the old one. The local store doesn't. Daniel's has everything else (if they don't have it, it either doesn't exist...or you don't need it), except lumber, concrete, and yard products. Daniels drivers came today, and hauled that pile of scrap off my porch.

Anyhoo, the new stove works great! It's so nice not to have to mess with the pilots, jiggle the timer knob so it will shut up, and not risk burning a pizza
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm glad your satisfied. Now please make us all pizzas so we can help you appreciate your oven.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X