Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for thinking outside the box with me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for thinking outside the box with me!

So I took my Christmas tree (a.k.a. seven-foot cat toy) down. The tree came in a sturdy cardboard box, but it's a pain to deal with. It's heavy, and even if it wasn't the box is five feet long and unwieldly. I half killed myself dragging it up the stairs. So when I took the tree down, I decided to look for a better storage solution. Some trees come with storage bags, but this doesn't make them much lighter or easier to handle. I figured it would be easier if I could store the tree in two parts.

I went to Lowe's but could not find a storage bin long enough. One section is almost four feet (more than one meter) long. Got lots of helpful suggestions from the nice man who waited on me, though we couldn't come up with anything.

I tried Bed, Bath and Beyond. Didn't expect to find anything, to be honest, but the wonderful clerk there found me a couple of dress bags. They're heavy plastic bags that zip shut, and are designed to cover several dresses on hangers. They're long enough, and sturdy enough, and I was able to squeeze the bottom and top section of the tree into one, and the fat middle section and base into the other. The two bags are much easier to handle than the giant box. Cheap solution too!

Not only did the sales guy NOT look at me like I was an idiot (which is what I'm used to getting) because I was trying to use a product for a purpose other than what it was designed for, he helped me brainstorm and came up with the perfect solution.
    Women can do anything men can.
    But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
    Maxine

Not only did the sales guy NOT look at me like I was an idiot (which is what I'm used to getting) because I was trying to use a product for a purpose other than what it was designed for, he helped me brainstorm and came up with the perfect solution.
    It sounds like we have another convert. Welcome to the family, and remember the motto....

W.W.M.D.

What Would Macgyver Do
    Last edited by Ree; 03-02-2012, 12:30 PM. Reason: Reverted back to original because we can

Comment

May I suggest sending in a complement into corporate about him? I know they get lots of complaints and maybe seeing a complement will brighten someone's day

Comment

(a.k.a. seven-foot cat toy)
        so true, so true
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X