This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Pressure!

So I went to yon not-so-local Craft Store this weekend to get some stuff to decorate a box with (I am using quilling paper glued randomly across the top of a box in a collage effect: it's going to be my "rewards" box for when I'm teaching and it's going to have things such as erasers, pencils, rulers, stickers and little trinkets for kids that AREN'T lollies). So I picked up my stuff and went to the checkout.

At the checkout there was a small line and sadly only one guy at the checkout. Clearly the poor guy couldn't get any more help, but he was doing his best ringing up one person at a time.

Then a lady had trouble with the EFT machine.

So instead of holding up the line because of this lady, he began to ring people up on two registers at once. I kid you not. He'd get them started and ring them up, then if they were paying by card, while they swiped their card and did all the usual stuff with it, he'd start ringing up the second person. He just darted back and forth across the registers. (the queue was set up so that there are four registers along the "rectangle" two on one side, two on the other)

I wished him good luck, went home and then submitted feedback to the craft store. I've been told that he will receive an award for his efforts.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X