X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest volunteer job ever!

Let me set the stage:
    Every year, in early September, the Raptus festival happens in Bergen. This is a Comic book festival that has been running for many years. there are guest from several different countries who have lectures or drawing classes or other fun stuff. There are also several stores who have stands, even the local library pitches in

Everyone who works at the festival is a volunteer, no one is getting paid anything and i can be hard work, at least 8 hours of unpaid labor, so it can be difficult finding people who want to work.

This is my second year volunteering, and i absolutely LOVED it!
    The people who were working there were AMAZING! Everybody helped everybody, no one got stuck doing more work than others or not getting any work. Everyone was so cheerful and nice and cuddly ( I honestly gave and received more hugs in two days than I do in a year ) The artist were great! The stands were amazing! I honestly can't say anything bad about it.

The volunteers party is coming up, and I'm so excited! Wondering if i should wear the T-shirt we got (Even if it is yellow)

In short, this has by far been my favorite job ever, and all i got was a T-shirt and a dinner
    Last edited by TheAwesomestCookie; 10-02-2012, 07:22 AM.

Glad you had a great time, hope your party is fun too!
    Oddly enough, of all the volunteer jobs I've done over the years, the ones focused on a topic or subject (like your fest, or educational things) have gone like this far more often than the ones devoted to some sort of cause.

Comment

Working...
    X