This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tale of the Squished Finger and The Nice Customer

Tonight I was in the process of taking the locks off a customer's movies when I SLAMMED my finger in a drawer. REALLY, REALLY HARD!

I literally jumped straight up in the air and SHRIEKED! Then came the, 'Oh F**k that hurts" dance. In the end I sounded like an idiot because I kept starting to say bad words and stopping mid-word, "FU... DA... FUHAHA... SHHH- EEAAA!"

Then I sat down behind the counter out of the sight of the customers and worked my hand so it wouldn't bruise as bad. Which brought on more near miss cussing.

When I finally could breathe again I stood up- still favoring my hand- turned to try and take a customer.

Remember that poor guy who's locks I was taking out quite some time back?
    He was still there- waiting! The other employee was just getting around to cashing him out. *headdesk* So, yeah- he'd been there awhile.

My first thought was, "Oh, crap! He's going to complain about having to wait so freaking long!"
    Ready for the worst I said, "Sorry for the wait." No, I don't think I was overtly convincing...
    Yes, I know- nothing I could do about it- blah, blah. Whatever.

He looked me square in the eye and said, "I'm going out to my truck to get you some ice out of my cooler for your finger."

And with that he walked out, got me a bag of ice, I thanked him and he left left. No complaints of any kind- just a smile.

I was SO thankful that he was a good person and not an SC. We all know how it COULD have turned out...

For anyone interested- my finger is pretty bad. Thanks to the ice it's not swollen but I have a crease/ dark bruise under the fingernail and I can not stand to touch anything with the pad of it. It's making typing fun.
    Last edited by NightAngel; 03-24-2007, 06:28 AM.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Owieeeee!!!
    I've jammed my finger in the DVD unlocking device too but never any worse than it really hurting for 15 seconds and then relaxing... I hope you get better soon!! My Mother The Nurse would tell you to ice it lots and rest it as much as possible and etc etc etc... But I won't because I'm sure you can handle it At least it seems to mostly be just the end of your finger?

Great guy, was very lucky he happened to have ice in his car

Btw your avatar made me nearly laugh so loud as to wake everyone in my house up
    Re: Quiche.
    Pie is manly.
    Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
    Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
    So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

Yow!!!!!
      A store I worked in used those tack and plastic security tags on clothes.
      There was bin for them at the cash desk, but sometimes people miss.
      I was training this girl on cash and then I turned to go and get something for the customer we were helping, when I stepped right on a tack.
      It went right through the soles of my boots and right into my foot.
      I can honestly say I didn't swear.
      I yelled 'GAAAAAAAAA---AHHHHH.....I have to go now.'
      Yeouch it hurt for a few days.

Comment

I was in the process of serving a customer and went in the cash draw to get there change, trapped my finger in it as I pushed it shut, yelled loudly and ran off. In my rush to get ice I'd forgot to give them there change, I came back about ten mins later and they had asked a coulegee and a supervisor had come down to sort it, anyway they were just leaving and the women comes over and (having now reslised what I've done) I start to apploergise, she says don't worry at all, and suddenly grabs my hand, turned out she was a nurse, she said it'd be fine and to put ice on it for a few more mins yet. Bless her!

Comment

Working...
        X