Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's to the point, that I'd hate to be whoever answers the phone at their call center should the next one be broken.

Oh, day four, no box.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

My wife works for Sears and they try to use UPS more than FedEx, but they will use both, the US Mail and trucking companies for larger items. She works in the department that has to track lost packages and sees it equally on all sides.
      I have a package coming in that was on the FedEx truck for delivery yesterday since it got in early, but since it was not "due for delivery" till today, it stayed on the truck and went back to the sort facility. Guess I'll wait the actual 3 days. They're probably damned if they do deliver early and someone expects it on the estimated delivery date, and then they have people like me who would have loved to have recieved it early.

Comment

I always wondered why we used DHL instead of UPS to ship stuff to tech at the arcade.
        Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Day six of the seventy two working hours shipment, and no box.

DHL is actually better than most, I've never had any trouble out of them.

Comment

I don't like DHL, they hand off their packages to either the post-office or another delivery company when they ship to me.

But dang, that some lost package.
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Wow that's a whole lot of suckiness.

One of the things that always burned me up when it came to Xbox 360s when I worked at the game store was that they are shipped in boxes of two, with NO PACKING MATERIAL WHATSOEVER. I believe we lost at least $5000 of 360s over the holidays because of units damaged in transit.

Comment

Thats funny, when I ordered my 360 online from Amazon, it came super duper packed individually. I got lucky too, no problems yet, and I have had it since release day.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                  Thats funny, when I ordered my 360 online from Amazon, it came super duper packed individually. I got lucky too, no problems yet, and I have had it since release day.
                  More than likely Amazon repackages them before sending them out.

Comment

Soon as I get my mum's camera fixed, I'm going to take a few photos. I'll show you the box (the one that I'm waiting on a replacement for) and the packing material they stick it in. For now, let me see if I can describe it.

Looking at the stuff, it resembles a greenish foam cutout in the rough shape of one end of the 360. The foam, soft to the touch, is about two or three inches thick. Why it's green is beyond me. There are three "buffers" i'll call them. Braces that go over the ends of one side of the cutout. These prevent the Xbox from sliding.

You are given two of these, one for each end of the console. (They are also returned in these.) Also, you have an antistatic bag.

Supposedly, packaging is as follows.
                    1.) Remove the disc from the console.
                    2.) remove the faceplate (if custom)
                    3.) Replace the original faceplate.
                    4.) Remove the Hard Drive.
                    5.) Replace the hard drive cover, if found.
                    6.) Write your Ref Number on a bit of paper and place inside the plastic bag. OR tape to the side of the console.
                    7.) Wrap the console in the bag.
                    8.) Place the foam packing material on each end of the Xbox.
                    9.) Place the "packaged" console into the cardboard box. It will not fit snugly, but may move around some.
                    10. Place another piece of paper in the box, again with your Ref Number on it.
                    11.) Tape the box closed.
                    12.) On two sides of the box, WRITE your reference number in bold numbers.
                    13.) Place the shipping label you were sent over the existing one on the box.
                    14.) Return to sender.
                    15.) Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
                    -------------------------------

I sent an email to UPS about it, but all they want me to do is send them a tracking number. That'd be easy, if I had one. I'll call monday to Xbox and tell them what's up and see if they can help me out. I'm getting seriously tired of this.

Edit:

Banrion, some people have said that the release date consoles don't seem to have as much trouble as the later ones. There's a hundred theories as to why this is, but the best I've heard is the possiblity that Xbox (microsoft) farmed out the construction to a few other companies who didn't uphold the same quality standards that MS had.
                    Last edited by repsac; 05-13-2007, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                      Banrion, some people have said that the release date consoles don't seem to have as much trouble as the later ones. There's a hundred theories as to why this is, but the best I've heard is the possiblity that Xbox (microsoft) farmed out the construction to a few other companies who didn't uphold the same quality standards that MS had.
                      This is true of a lot of electronics. The first units get built with parts that are choosen based on very tight specs. Once a whole lot of them are out there and working, the specs are loosened up, usually in stages, as the company gets real-world experience with the units. (Looser specs means the parts are cheaper, of course). Also: in the console world, the companies want the everyone's initial impression to be fantastic, but once a few million units are out there, a few flaky boxes aren't really a factor and won't hurt sales too badly compared to the increased profit on each unit sold.
                      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                        Wow that's a whole lot of suckiness.

One of the things that always burned me up when it came to Xbox 360s when I worked at the game store was that they are shipped in boxes of two, with NO PACKING MATERIAL WHATSOEVER. I believe we lost at least $5000 of 360s over the holidays because of units damaged in transit.
                        That's odd--our game consoles come packed the same way and we haven't been having problems with them being damaged that I'm aware of.

Maybe your shipping people would kick them around the warehouse before sending them out?
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          That's odd--our game consoles come packed the same way and we haven't been having problems with them being damaged that I'm aware of.

Maybe your shipping people would kick them around the warehouse before sending them out?
                          It's possible, we had quite a few issues with them as I recall (things not being shipped, things that should not have been being shipped, shrinkwrapped games with cracked cases).

I venture a guess the problem was the company penny pinched by hardly using any shipping material in their boxes.

HOWEVER the 360s we were told ship directly from MS not I'm sure you could blame our guys for that.

Comment

Called Xbox today, day 8 of waiting on the box.

Talking with the "agent" there, we get right down to things. After everything, I wonder if Max (the automated answering machine) doesn't know be by name now.

Anyway, I get to an agent and state that I was told 8 days ago that I would be recieving a box in 72 hours to replace the one that was damaged. Note: This is just the empty box. No console. The agent spoke with me some, pulling up my record before saying (and I quote) "Aw crap. They screwed you over with this one. Hang on, let me grab my supervisor on this."

So, I end up on hold. All the while thinking that this "agent" is cool, and at least honest.

About ten min pass before he comes back. He's spoken with the super, and the super wants to talk to me after he's done. Either way, I have a new ref number and the agent keeps appologizing profusely. Ok...why do I sense something is wrong? The guy goes on to explain that the other agent, some girl who struck me as a bit snotty, had used a system that's supposed to resend the box. Key word there being supposed.

All the agents are warned that this part of the system is problematic, and that IF they chose to use that resending portion that they're to check. Why? Because very often the box won't get reshipped out.

However, that's not why the super wants to talk to me.

So, on hold I go again. This time they're playing "Funky Town" I think I make it through the whole song, and partially into some techno version of a Rammstein song before the super gets to me.

Here's where things turn weird.

The agent had found that I was supposed to have recieved a call from a higher up supervisor. The Supervisor had closed that "ticket" with the note that he was too busy to call. According to them, that is a NO NO. Big time. Further, the girl who was supposed to have resent the box (Or at least checked that it had shipped) was on duty then. This supervisor (today's) said that he was very sorry for her actions, and she would be disciplined severely for what she did, or failed to do.

I got the impression she had done this before, or made it known she didn't have the time to bother following up.

So, I'm back waiting again. I'm supposed to get a call in 48 hours or so, and a box in about 5 days.

New Ref number, new comps. I'm not sure what all I'm getting, Gears is still in there, but this super says they'll see what else they can get me to make it up.

I told them I wanted this: http://www.clearxbox.com/site/pages/...360_clear.html . The supervisor said that they'd see if they could do that, but wouldn't make any promises.

Comment

Repsac, if you get that clear ghost case, i'm gonna apply for a job with UPS soon and go hijack it.....

Comment

Daaaaamn! Keep updating this! So much crazyness going on!
                                Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Working...
                                X