X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boy just told me this

I THINK it belongs hee.
    He's in IT fixing peoples computers. He's in the visit team, working for a fairly big insurance computer, with a LOT of computers. and a lot of idiots.

He gets called out to a machine where the complaint is 'CD stuck in drawer'. He thinks- ok, it happens, fiddle with it a bit.
    He gets there, takes a look at her machine
    'um- your machine doesn't have a CD drive'.
    What it DOES have is a small gap between two of the boards of the case. The woman has just shoved the cd in there. He opens the machine up and finds her CD sitting on top of the motherboard.

When he told me this story my feeling was much 'how can someone be that stupid and survive till adulthood?'
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Really. The person couldn't figure out that's where the credit card goes?

Comment

It happens more often than you might think!
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Price you pay for living in a free society. You can't force education on people

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
          When he told me this story my feeling was much 'how can someone be that stupid and survive till adulthood?'
          Check out Computer Stupidities at www.rinkworks.com/stupid
          You'd be amazed that some of the people talked about there ever made it to adulthood.
          Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

The sad thing is that I've been asked for the same thing where my mom used to work.

With the same results, but not ony was there one 5.25" disc in there, there were TWO.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

A little off-topic, but this kind of reminds me of when my son put about 20 jelly beans into our VCR because it was hungry. He was 3. At least the mentality is the same.
              This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth the lawsmeister View Post
                Check out Computer Stupidities at www.rinkworks.com/stupid
                I like how one of the anecdotes on their classified a situation like this. "User attempted upgrade."
                A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

The embarassing thing is that i've done this before, with a slot loading CD drive, (rather than the more common tray loading type), and some space between the front panels. I figured it out right away at least.
                  "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
                  -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                    A little off-topic, but this kind of reminds me of when my son put about 20 jelly beans into our VCR because it was hungry. He was 3. At least the mentality is the same.
                    I guess I'm lucky. The only thing my son ever did was try to feed some candy to the guy on TV. I think I have a pic somewhere, in that huge box with 20 years worth of pics.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I heard a story from an ex I.T guy who said the customer was upset b/c her computer's drink holder broke.....yeah they were using the CD drive as a beverage holder.
                      "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

I once had one where the person put a CD into the 5 1/4 drive.
                        I explained to her what she did wrong and even offered to remove the drive because she had nop 5 1/4 disks but she refused.

I got 3 calls from this woman in one month. All for the same thing.

Finder

Comment

That's funny. I wonder if she's also tried putting a DVD into her VCR?

Comment

Quoth IlovemyGeek View Post
                            I heard a story from an ex I.T guy who said the customer was upset b/c her computer's drink holder broke.....yeah they were using the CD drive as a beverage holder.
                            My goodness. We are definitely living at a fifth grade level with some people, aren't we?

Comment

Working...
                            X