Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I used to wonder why Nikon didn't ship any cards at all with their DSLRs...
    I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

I remember when *I* was my dad's remote. I feel so outdated and useless now.....
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Oh! Me too! We had this arm chair that had one side to the TV, so it faced the love seat. I would sit against the side of the chair and hit the channel button.

And I wonder why my vision's so bad?
        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
          I remember when *I* was my dad's remote. I feel so outdated and useless now.....
          I can't imagine it was easy for him to pick you up and point you at the TV.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

You maybe right, although he only does this when we're not watching The Wiggles or any of his other shows.

And as someone else said, I too was my father's remote control, and our tv had a remote, but it was broke before I could walk.

Comment

Another lovely call that just makes you go huh? Seriously its not hard.

Me: Yours Truly
              OL : Odd Lady

Me: Thank you for calling Tech Support my name is Darrien how can I help you today?
              OL: Hi, I just got back from a trip to Atlanta and came back and my cable is not working.
              Me: I am sorry to here that, what is it doing?
              OL: I am getting no picture just a blue screen.
              Me: Is your TV on channel 3?
              OL: I do not understand how to do that.
              Me: "thinking" Wtf?
              Me: What is it displaying on your TV?
              OL: Video 1
              Me: Oh your TV is in a wrong video output like if you have a DVD player or other such device.
              OL: Oh, I am not sure but I do not think I have one of those.
              Me: "thinking" Honestly how you could you not know what you have?
              Me: Well, look on your remote and look for the Video Source, or any button with Video button.
              OL: *spent several seconds looking at her remote* you mean this wand here?
              Me: Yes, your remote look for any button that says Video Source, Input or Video.
              OL: *she starts naming off buttons then gets to the one thats right*
              Me: Yes hit the input button...
              OL: Oh its coming on now, do you know what caused this?
              Me: Someone messing with your TV if you thought it was off before you left. *thinking* You messing with your remote and not knowing what you did.

She was not mean or anything really nice but just that was very very odd.
              Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Quoth jb17kx View Post
                And I used to wonder why Nikon didn't ship any cards at all with their DSLRs...
                I used to sell digital cameras and consider myself well versed in them, and I have to agree with the person who posted that. SLRs do not come with memory cards because either the person who buys the camera already has them (most SLR owners are upgraders), and also if a person is buying an SLR he/she pretty much knows a thing or 2 about needing a large memory card.

One thing through about SLRs, and this is an exception to the above 2 instances. For people that don't know, SLR lenses are not like the lenses on compacts. The biggest issue is that with the major camera makers releasing sub-$1000 SLRs, many people buy the camera with the piece-of-crap lenses that comes with it then complain when they find out that good lenses costs as much or more than the camera itself. Sure there are low-priced good ones but they are rare. Go over to dpreview.com and you'll find post after post of people saying they spent $1200 on a Canon 30D, for example, and then complain that their pictures are "soft." When suggested to buy a certain lens like the 17-55mm F/2.8 EF-S lens they fire back with "I'm not spending $1000 on a lens that's absurd!" I read on a complaint forum from a person who bought a $1,300 SLR and tried to return it to the store. Reason for the return? "I decided to return it after a bit of research revealed in order to take good pictures I have to buy lenses that cost as much or more than the camera itself." The complaint? Not the return, but because the employee was "rude" because he said to the SC, "With all due respect sir, try to research on what it will take to properly use the product BEFORE you purchase it." Translation? "Don't be a moron and buy something just because it's expensive."
                Last edited by sld72382; 06-10-2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X