This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer worker fun

We had a staff machine's power supply fan start freakin' out and making quite the racket. Quite impressive in my opinion.

So, we trundled it over, plugged it in, and gasp! No noise! Figuring something was quite afoot, I let it run for a few hours, and sure as SCs, it started freakin'.

I pop the case, make sure that, in fact, it WAS the power supply fan, have the summer worker pull the power supply from another PC while I pull the bad one and call Dell. In no time flat, I have a new power supply winging it's way in my direction.

The summer worker, who we have never had do much hardware work tells me she's stuck. So I start helping her unthread cords and unplugging stuck plugs. Well, the Power supply was for a higher numbered model, and I wasn't sure if would be okay. I handed back the power supply to the student worker and told her to put it back.

She gave me blank face.

"Oh, yeah, I have to supervise you, hu?"

So, with only a few suggestions, she was able to get everything plugged back in. I gave it a once over before letting her close it up. And I noticed the IDE cable for the CD drive was gone.

"Did you take a cable out or something?"

"A cable? What cable?" She searches around for a minute. "Oh, this cable that I was carrying around with me!!"

So she gets that plugged back in, and grabs the side panel. And then tries to put it on 90 degrees to the left, on the wrong direction. I tell her, so then she keeps turning it 90 degrees to the left, until she gets it on.

"That," she said, while finally getting it into place, "is why I need a nap."
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Quoth technical.angel View Post
    "That," she said, while finally getting it into place, "is why I need a nap."
    Hey, we all get a little stupid when we're sleep deprived. Admittedly it's fun, and I get my most creative when I've passed the 24hr mark, but don't ask me jack about conventional logic.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Well, no, she had just gotten back from lunch, during which, she had a nap! It was funny watching the Dell logo go round and round, in the wrong direction...
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
      X