• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I'm Innocent!

phone call today:

Me: hardworking phone/tech support worker for a MLS
    SA: Stupid Agent

Me: Thank you for calling blah. My name is Shay. How can I assist you?

SA: I received a letter from your office telling me that I listed a property in the wrong area and that you corrected the area number on the listings.

Me: (gets MLS number from her and looks up the property) I see that you had listed the property in Clarkston but the actual physical location is Springfield Township, which is in a seperate area number. Please remember to verify that information you enter into the MLS, since you can receive fines for listing incorrect information.

SA: I'm not going to get fined for this, am I? After all, I'm innocent! I copied the area number from a listing for another house on the street listed by another agent... if anyone should get fined, they should! Not me!

Me: (twitch) I highly recommend that you do NOT copy information off of a listing entered by another agent, since you have not verified if the information they entered is correct or not.

SA: But I didn't do anything wrong!

(side note: the other house on the street was actually across the border IN Clarkston, so the area number WAS correct for that house. If the agent had bothered to check Public Records, she would have seen that the physical address for the other house had a different CITY even if it was on the same street...)
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Sounds like a house we lived in a few years ago. The city limit actually ran right down the middle of the street. (depending on the map you checked) well, this meant that depending on what side of the street you lived on, you either had city water or a well, city sewer, or a septic tank, and if you needed to call the police, you would face a long wait, or never have them show.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

OoOo!

When you call the police, tell them something's going on on the other side of the street, and when they'd show, start screaming for help.
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
      X