This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech support irkage...

Customer calls up for tech support. He can't surf the internet.. running windows XP.. Cable internet customer.

I promptly go to have him run CMD so I can do an IPCONFIG to check his IP address... here's what happens:

ME: Blade_Raver
    SC: Sucky Customer/Caller

ME: Okay, Click start, run...
    SC: (Click, Click) Ok...
    ME: Type CMD, as in charlie michael david, then hit Enter.
    SC: (tak-tak-tak-tak) Ok... WTF?! This is a black screen! You're trying to hack my computer!!
    ME: No sir, I'm trying to analyze what the problem is by analyzing your configuration.
    SC: Bullsh*t! You don't know what the hell you're doing! I'm not going to do this. You find another way to fix the problem!
    ME: Then I guess we both fail.
    SC: What do you mean we both fail?
    ME: I failed to be a leader, and you failed to get your issue resolved. Have a nice night.
    SC: (Yells and cusses up a storm, hangs up the phone.)

Of course, I didn't get in trouble for it.
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Oooh that's a good one!

Comment

Wait.. was your manager sick or something?? That's at LEAST a finger-wag for not kissing the customer's ass and beging for forgiveness!!!

Comment

I don't think I ever had anyone accuse me of hacking their computer....

...even when getting on our screen sharing app, Go2Assist, which is like VNC, only dumber.

Though I found it much less painful to get the IP the long way (my rule of thumb was less typing for caller = less pain for me) and only broke out the command prompt if I really had to.

I would've gotten in trouble for saying something like that though, assuming the call was reviewed.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Only reason why I didn't get in trouble for it was because I worked 3rd shift.. it was at a company that didn't pay me enough to care.. and I was the best tech they had that was willing to work 3rd shift at such a cheap price.

I pretty much got away with anything as far as phone conversations went. They were pretty lax about call etiquette anyways.

Think of the company as a convergys.. only it's more home-town-ish.. and they offer call center services at a fraction of the cost that convergys charged.

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post

Think of the company as a convergys.. .
            boo *hiss*

I have never been so grateful in my life as when I didn't get a job at convergys (i was desperate so I scheduled an interview there and the interviewer called in sick... by the time I was rescheduled IHG had hired me... which while it sucked working for IHG, it was nowhere near as bad as Convergys would have been).
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I endured Convergys.. Hazelwood MO location. Nov 2001 - Oct 2002. SBC DSL project. It was nice at first, but then it got really bad.

LoL I threadjacked my own post.

Comment

I had that once, from my brother-in-law no less. I told him straight out "If I do decide to hack your system, you will have no idea about it until it goes in meltdown, either figuratively or literally."
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X