This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only she could miss that

So, many of you might remember stories of my worst faculty member. The one that demanded a downgrade to Office 98.

My work study got a call from her today, saying she could see her email, but couldn't open them or delete them since yesterday.

So, I troop over there, prepared for something easy, but not as easy as I found.

In the bottom right hand corner of the Outlook window, was a box saying "NEED PASSWORD".

You try to click on an email, and you get a pop up bubble that says, "Microsoft Outlook needs your password!".

Hum.. whatever could be wrong???

I left her a note, and the password box open. I expect about two or three phone calls before this is over.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

"What's my password?"
    or
    "I never set one up!!!!11111"
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

More like, "What box?"

"THE BOX IN THE EXACT MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN!"

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
        More like, "What box?"

"THE BOX IN THE EXACT MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN!"

That must have been the part-timer we had a few years ago back at WD who couldn't figure out how to plug in the electric scooter so it could charge. The girl simply asked the CSM "What's an extension cord?"
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          That must have been the part-timer we had a few years ago back at WD who couldn't figure out how to plug in the electric scooter so it could charge. The girl simply asked the CSM "What's an extension cord?"
          I'm not certain if the individual who could not find the power button on his desktop would top that or not.

The only call I've given up on in disgust and told him to find his supervisor....

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I've had a user who couldn't tell me the model of her computer... even after I told her it was listed around the power button..

Comment

My mother once couldn't find the power button on our Acorn RiscPC (which, 14 years later, is now sitting right in front of me - it's still useful). It's not difficult to find, if you bother to look at the front panel.

Comment

Working...
              X