This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell, MPC

So, MPC Corp filed for Chapter 11 protection today. MPC bought the tablet division of Gateway last year, and Acer purchased the desktop/laptop PC division.

MPC was removed from the NYSE a few days ago when their internal audit did not match the SEC's external audit. This was a week or so after MPC secured a DoD/DoHS deal for laptops.

Essentially, this means that everyone who bought a Gateway tablet PC in the last few years is suddenly without a warranty. Unfortunately one of the colleges in my university signed on for the tablets from 2004-2007, we started selling the Latitude XT as of this year. Soooo there's going to be a lot of fallout on the Business School for this, since it was their decision to use Gateway.

Just another day for campus computing...
    Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
    "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
    "The queue is..."

Thankfully we're moving those tablets out of the lab and replacing them with desktops, but still....
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

i have a gateway... a t-1616... its not a tablet (i'm somewhat computer illiterate in that respect...)

now you got me worried
      "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
      ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

I remember when MPC used to be one of the best.

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
          i have a gateway... a t-1616... its not a tablet (i'm somewhat computer illiterate in that respect...)

now you got me worried
          You're going to be fine, as long as it's not a tablet its under Acers control which isn't under Chapter 11.

Comment

Working...
          X