This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures in Obviousness!

I just got the following call. Before I relay it to you, though, I would like to explain the product so there's no confusion. We have MTAs provided for customers that want to use digital phone service (VoIP) and high speed Internet. Okay, cool. That said, you have all services running out of the same box in most cases, as was the case in the following...

Me: "X Company level 3, this is Sage speaking."
    Customer: (Cold transfer ) "Yes, I was just installed with y'all's digital phone service and it worked for a couple of days but, well, now I'm in Florida. We're snowbirds, ya see...and now when you try to call it, it says 'your call could not go through.'"
    Me: "Huh...well, let me research this for you." (And find the cold transferring bastard while I'm at it)

After a little research, I found that the modem was completely offline.

Me: "Uh, ma'am, this is weird, but...it appears that your modem is completely offline..."
    Customer: "Oh, you mean the computer modem?"
    Me: "Uh..."
    Customer: "Well, since we were going to Florida, I shut it off since we obviously weren't going to use the Internet."

It took everything I had to not bust out laughing, especially because she was getting pissed at realizing what exactly she had done. Fortunately, she was going to have a neighbor reconnect it, but still...BWAAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

oops.

Well, at least she realized what the situation was, albeit late.

BTW, what's an MTA?

Comment

I don't remember the exact words but if I had to guess...Modem Telephone Adapter. It's basically a cable modem that also controls digital phone. And yeah, it wasn't anything major, but still funny.

Comment

So did you ever find the cold transferring bastard?
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Unfortunately no. It was on an anonymous account that's reserved for some group. This used to be such a great job, but I feel like our department is the only one that's responsible and held accountable for things.

Comment

Working...
          X