This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why didn't you call me??

I have a deal with most of my users that if they have an issue to contact me directly (skip Tier 1 and skip their ticket bouncing all over). They can usually reach me though IM, email, or even the phone.

I reloaded the OS with a package of applications for one of our engineers the other day and I told him that if he was missing anything to let me know and I would install it for him.

He just sent me an email chain over the past few days bouncing back and fourth between Tier 1 and him - Tier 1 is refusing to push some SW to him.

So, why didn't he just call, email, or IM me to get the SW? I know his team needs it and I wouldn't have had an issue installing it on his computer.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Because people refuse to listen to instructions...

Comment

Maybe he thought it was something simple, so he didn't feel he should bother you. I get that a lot. I keep telling them that it's my job, that's what I'm here for.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        Maybe he thought it was something simple, so he didn't feel he should bother you. I get that a lot. I keep telling them that it's my job, that's what I'm here for.
        I make it clear, even if they think it is simple, to contact me. The only time I want them calling the help desk is if I know I can't do anything about it (an application my team doesn't support - a printer issue, etc..).
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          I make it clear, even if they think it is simple, to contact me. The only time I want them calling the help desk is if I know I can't do anything about it (an application my team doesn't support - a printer issue, etc..).
          I've repeated this countless times. Just repeated it today. Still not working.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
            So, why didn't he just call, email, or IM me to get the SW? I know his team needs it and I wouldn't have had an issue installing it on his computer.
            How long have you been coming to this site!!! Do you really need to ask that question.

I'll give you a hint.

Its because People are teh Stupidz
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Remember kids, people will only pay attention to the rules if it is the worst time to do so.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I'll trade some of you guys lusers. I can't get some people to quit emailing and calling me and call the Helpdesk!

Everything has to come into Helpdesk. If you email me, I just forward a copy to helpdesk so it can be tracked, thus, many a man hour can be saved by emailing helpdesk rather than me!!

I do not feel good, and do NOT have the patience and peace of mind to deal with the day.
                SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                X