Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain.exe not responding. Abort, Retry, or Fail?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain.exe not responding. Abort, Retry, or Fail?

Just got this, and I'm still stinging a bit from beating my head on the wall.

Me: Hello, IT help desk, this is Geek King.

Office Manager: Hey, Geek King! This is Office Manager. I can't save to my H: Drive. (Standard letter designation for personal network drives for staff)

Me: <runs through some tests> Hmmm. It looks like we're having some network issues with your building. I'll look into it. For now though, just save your files to your local computer, and we can move them over when we get this taken care of.

Office Manager: Ok, so just save to my C: drive, then?

Me: Yup, or you could just make a folder on your desktop so you remember to do it.

Office Manager: Folder on my...? Whoa, Geek King, that's a little too technical for me! I'll just use the C: drive. <click>

Me:

Office Manager is in charge of several sites, including a high rise building.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

I just lost a few brain cells with that one. Ow.

Comment

The sad thing is that I get that response with the simplest things as well. Of course, when I get them, the folks I'm talking to generally run things quite a bit simpler (by comparison).

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
      X