This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You want what?

I received a report request form yesterday. This particular form has a number of fields that are supposed to be filled out including one field that has the requestor list the fields/column headings they want on their report. They are also supposed list what type of criteria they want, for example do they want any records excluded. (example may be they only want to look at records where the customer lives in Hawaii ) There are quite a few other fields on the form all of them are there so that I don't have to go back to the requestor eleventy million times for more information or re-write the $%#$Q# report another eleventy million times.

It makes me cranky when I have to do re-writes and everyone knows that.

The report request I received yesterday had the title of the report filled in. That's it. Just the title.

Guess I am just supposed to guess about the rest, but I chose not to. I sent the report this morning, with just the title. Nothing else. I am really hoping the manager who requested the report lets me know how that works for him

Sad thing for him, I closed his work ticket. He will have to go to the bottom of the stack. Can we all give him a great big AAAAWWWW.
    Tamezin

Quoth tamezin View Post
    Sad thing for him, I closed his work ticket. He will have to go to the bottom of the stack. Can we all give him a great big AAAAWWWW.
    AAAAWWWW HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
      Guess I am just supposed to guess about the rest, but I chose not to. I sent the report this morning, with just the title. Nothing else. I am really hoping the manager who requested the report lets me know how that works for him

<Arches fingers and taps the tips>

Well played, sir. Well played.

I look foreward to hearing about any fallout.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Posts like this make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Comment

...and the customer said, with a laugh & a taunt
          "This is JUST what we asked for, but not what we want"

Ever was it thus.

Comment

Working...
          X