This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done!
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      That being said, where is the video? Sharing is it nice thing to do.
      unfortuneately I could never get anyone to admit they had a video or that if ther was even video taken.

I suspect that most of the machines were packed away in some lonely corner of the warehouse and left of gather 5 inches of dust

alas no mythbuster type explosions or destruction
      Last edited by Racket_Man; 07-26-2009, 07:16 AM.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Nice funeral for that old bird . . . I'm planning something similar with my old desktop after I get another one.

After stripping out the HDD and memory, then the rest of it's fair game.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
          You went all kinds of Office Space on that thing!
          "PC Loadletter?! What the F$&% does that mean?!"

I actually have a dead comp from the office sitting next to me in the house...I've been asked to give it one more shot before I declare the mobo dead for good (dell dim 1100...yes they're still using these at the ofc...beep code 4-2-1)... I also have some ooooooold parts from past comps...a 486 board, a couple of 1-mb vid cards, sound card with AWE64 written on it...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've got an old Compaq 486 DX4/100 I was going to do this to, simply because I've got no other use for it. Well, had no other use until I came into possession of a few small HDDs and a copy of Red Hat 5.

Now it's an MP3 jukebox

CH
            Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Quoth crashhelmet View Post
              I've got an old Compaq 486 DX4/100 I was going to do this to, simply because I've got no other use for it. Well, had no other use until I came into possession of a few small HDDs and a copy of Red Hat 5.

Now it's an MP3 jukebox

CH
              That's one way to recycle.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I've got an old "slow-as-molasses, Windows-ME-running" dog of a desktop that is just waiting to have that happen to it. Of course, I'll probably do the responsible thing & send it to the recycling place behind my apartment. But a sledgehammer would be much more fun.
                That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Trust me, there's nothing like using a 40-pound fence maul to beat the living shit out of something

But, the story gets better! When I put that thing out for the trash last week...someone took it. I'd put it out the night before, along with the usual assortment of garbage cans. When I dropped the kitchen trash the next morning, it was gone. Do I really want to know just *why* someone would want a flattened computer case?
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    Do I really want to know just *why* someone would want a flattened computer case?
                    "I demand you give me a full refund on this defective computer you sold me!"

Comment

Ahh smashy stuff

New Years eve my flat mates and some of our friends met at our rehearsal space (which is in an industrial area) with all the dead technology from the year, a golf club, a crow bar, a sword and a hammer. The results speak for themselves....
                      How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Timmyhate:
                        now that is what I wanted to see when I had my people "accidently" kill off those machines. but alas nothing happened.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                        X