X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
    My son has over 10,000 songs in his itunes library
    $9,900 worth of music for a teenager? I don't think i had bought even a fraction of that by the time I was 18... Perhaps he has been naughty with your internet connection?
    There Can Be Only One

Comment

Actually, hubby and I both have all the music we ever had that we put on the hard-drives. B-I-L was/is a dj for a local station. When they switched over from CD's to all digital, the station gave him the discs. What didn't sell in their yardsale, we got. It's all on there, too.

Some of it probably was (most likely) obtained by being "naughty", but the majority of it is legal, owned by us.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        I'd wrap the cord around the iPod. I got away with that for awhile, but then one day the sound stopped coming out of one side. The guy told me that if you're going to wrap the cord around it like that, you need to unplug it from the headphone jack, or you could damage it. It would have been nice if they mentioned that in the manual, but at least I know now, and they were nice enough to replace it for me. Haven't had a problem since.
        So...in other words, they use el cheapo *unshielded* cables on their nice pricey units? Eek.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

actually, no. the actual problem is that the headphone jack comes loose from the board it's connected to. they went el cheapo on the welds. the cable being wrapped aorund causes a tension, pulling the jack away from the board.

also, the plastic in the cable insulation is pretty weak, so wrapping the cable around anything coul stretch the cable, breaking it. I've broken several myself. ( and generally don't buy Apple headphones because they break too easily. Seinnheiser CX300 or Philips SHE 9501 are what I use, both last a while and feel a lot more comfy in-ear. cost between 20-25 quid too, so cheaper than apple's stuff)

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
            actually, no. the actual problem is that the headphone jack comes loose from the board it's connected to. they went el cheapo on the welds. the cable being wrapped aorund causes a tension, pulling the jack away from the board.

also, the plastic in the cable insulation is pretty weak, so wrapping the cable around anything coul stretch the cable, breaking it. I've broken several myself. ( and generally don't buy Apple headphones because they break too easily. Seinnheiser CX300 or Philips SHE 9501 are what I use, both last a while and feel a lot more comfy in-ear. cost between 20-25 quid too, so cheaper than apple's stuff)
            To paraphrase Atomic Robo (seriously, read the comics, you'll laugh your head off.):

So this is another thing where Apple's faulty design is actually everyone else using it wrong?
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
              Seinnheiser CX300 or Philips SHE 9501 are what I use, both last a while and feel a lot more comfy in-ear. cost between 20-25 quid too, so cheaper than apple's stuff)
              I wish I could wear that style of in ear headphone but I have narrow ear canals and I produce a lot of wax. Not a great combo so I use Sennheiser headphones that don't have the ear buds instead
              As soon as I start thinking
              That I'm sensible and sane
              The Random Hedgehog comes along
              And fiddles with my Brain
              (from card I got)

Comment

yeah, I can imagine that being a problem.

Comment

Working...
                X