This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Video

This is a bit embarrassing, but here goes. I've been trying to send the vids from the Omaha CS meetup to Raps so he can host them here. After a failed attempt or two I combined them into a folder, compressed it, and sent it. A few days later I get an e-mail back saying they didn't work because I sent the shortcuts and not the actual vids.

I've been looking at how to get the actual file onto my desktop so that when gmail looks for it it's right there, but again, I'm not all that technically gifted. They were uploaded using Kodak Easyshare and the shortcuts are showing as real player files. I have Vista for an OS and if anyone could assist me it would be greatly appreciated! any other info youneed I would be happy to supply as I'm sure there's something I neglected to tell you.
    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Okay, number of steps here so bear with me (I'm also going on a relatively computer illiterate approach for reference sake as well, so don't be offended):

1. Right click the file you sent (the shortcut) and select properties. A display should come up that lists the files actual location. if not, select the shortcut tab at the top.

2. Highlight the files location (where it says Target) without the quotation marks there. Right click and select copy or press Ctrl+C

3. Open up your email client (the program you use) and compose your email like normal. Select Add Attachment (or something similar), click in the text entry box and right click in the text entry box and select paste or Ctrl+V. That should put the proper file in the attachment.

4. Send the email and hope you're under the transmit cap for the ISPs.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

It appears to be working, thanks Lunar!

if you're ever in the area I'll buy you a beer!
      "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Make it a soda or iced tea. I don't do alcohol. I'm crazy enough as it is.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
        X