This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDTV- double check?

I bought an LCD HDTV for the hubs, as a surprise Christmas gift. I currently have a regular TV and a Comcast cable box...I think all I need is to switch it for an HD cable box and get an HDMI cable, correct?

Appreciate any advice
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

As long as they're sending an HD signal to the HD box, yeah, that's it. Check in advance which channels are HD and which are SD still, just in case there's still a mix.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Depending on the HD box Comcast uses you may need to use component cables instead of an HDMI cable. (I personally prefer component, but HDMI is a bit easier to connect up. )

And before someone chimes in with "HDMI is better because it is digital"... there are digital-analog-digital conversions going on even with HDMI cables being used.
      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
        And before someone chimes in with "HDMI is better because it is digital"... there are digital-analog-digital conversions going on even with HDMI cables being used.
        No, it's better because it's only one cable If you saw the Snarl behind my TV, you'd prefer HDMI too.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I came across this article the other day: HDMI versus Component Video

Generally there isn't really a difference in picture quality, but HDMI is more tidy for the back of the TV, plus not all HDTV's come with component ports, but they all usually have at least one HDMI port. ^_^ (dunno about over in the states though, TV connections are generally different there, like no scart sockets which is I think an european thing, unless they do have them, and now i'm waffling so i'll shut up now.)

Comment

(1) You may need to upgrade your satellite antenna depending on how old it is.

(2) In the future you may not be able to use component video connections; satellite (and cable) companies plan to remotely disable them, allowing only the encrypted HDMI connections.

Comment

Working...
            X