This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reciever

My roomate's reciever is probably dying but I figured I'd ask in case there was a way to fix it and make it last a little bit longer. My roomate has a reciever that we use with the tv and it's been acting weird lately. Randomly it will turn itself off. When you turn it back on, there will be a speaker symbol with an x through it on the reciever's display and you have to press the speaker button to get it to work again. Sometimes it will go days between happening and other times it will happen twice in one sitting.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

If nothing was spilled on it, then it's just failing from regular use. in either case, it would be best to get it professionally checked out (lots of stuff inside that can cause a nasty sting) and get it repaired or replaced as necessary.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Have you added any new components to your home theatre setup? It might be trying to do too much and shutting itself off. My brother had that problem when he moved into his new house. he had speakers built into the walls and ceiling in his living room. When connected into those speakers, his receiver would cut out. When connected to his original speakers, everything worked fine. He bought a new receiver and hasn't had any problems with it and the new speakers.

CH
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Another quick troubleshoot: Check all your speaker wires. Make sure that no wire is touching another wire and they are not touching the (presumably metal) chassis of the receiver.

It may be shorting out against another wire or against the chassis. (Particularly if you find it happens mostly when you're using it at higher volumes.)

Let us know how it turns out!

Comment

Working...
        X