This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration Program

I've been asked to look for a program to help with registration for a small-ish anime convention. Currently, the convention runs around 2000 people, but we're expanding a bit every year, so something that will handle more will future-proof it a bit. I'm looking for something that can keep a database of attendees, and print some information to a label printer for making badges. The database portion should be able to store attendee names, postal adress, e-mail, emergency contact info, and badge type.

Can anyone suggest a good existing program to look at? Or possibly somone who'd like to get paid for the project, who has experiance with this sort of thing? We need to have it ready for October of this year.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

are you looking for an online type registration or a more "at the door" type?
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'll ask the people who run my local gaming convention what they use later tonight. It might be something you could use if it's not something they had made for them.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

You mention there's a budget - is it one that would extend to hiring an outside company to take registrations and provide the needed info? Or is this a one-time budget only?

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
          You mention there's a budget - is it one that would extend to hiring an outside company to take registrations and provide the needed info? Or is this a one-time budget only?
          This would be a one-time project. We have our own registration staff and laptops. There may be some potential for additional changes to be contracted later, but that will be on an "as needed" basis.

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
          are you looking for an online type registration or a more "at the door" type?
          I believe we just need the "at the door" type. We had an online registration in place last year, and I believe it is still working. I'll check on that, though. Basically, we need the program for pre-regs to get their badges, and to do on-site regs.
          Last edited by iradney; 05-02-2010, 09:29 AM.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

http://www.openoffice.org/product/base.html

Freeware database system - should be enough to cover the basics

Comment

Quoth MadonnaC View Post
              http://www.openoffice.org/product/base.html

Freeware database system - should be enough to cover the basics
              Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm really looking for something already set up to purpose.

It's not the Database program itself I'm looking for, but a specific purpose, already designed and working database, or someone who can put one together in the timeframe. If I were more up-to-date on my Access skills, I'd take their money myself.
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
              X