This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java Bytverify/Classloader.X Virus Removal

Tried looking for something online but nada. Got home from the bars last night and while checking out pandora and other routine games/networking sites, I got hit with a bunch of pop-ups. Exited them all, but had a feeling shit would hit the fan. Laptop restarted itself after my security software updated (Sophos, my school makes us run it to use its internet). This morning, I logged on only to hit the blue screen of death within a minute. Same thing happened next two times. Booted into safe mode, ran Ad-Aware, went to work. Came back at lunch, nothing found. Rebooted into normal mode and didn't get the blue screen of death that time. Ran a complete scan with Sophos, went back to work. Got back from work at 4 and saw it found something, but it was still searching. Stopped it anyway, it had seven hits. One high alert level, six severe.

Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.AN
    Trojan:JavaByterify
    Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.GD
    TrojanDownloader:Java/OpenConnection.CT
    Exploit:Java/CVE-2009-3867.CH
    Trojan:Java/Classloader.X
    Spyware:Win32/Webdir

Last one was the high alert level. Rest were severe. I had them all removed. Every so often though, I hear a clicking noise, then whichever screen I'm using, such as firefox, dims like I opened a new program in front of it even though I haven't. Tried alt-tabbing when it happened and it said I was on IE, which I never use. Couldn't see the address of the webpage though. Then I'll hear an advertisement in the background.

As I said, I haven't found anything about actually removing it on google searches. I'm running another complete scan with Sophos and letting it finish this time. I thought nearly complete was good enough but I guess not.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Sounds like whatever you have is opening IE windows off-screen. You can actually see what these windows are doing, if you alt-tab to them and press (in order) and hold down Alt - Spacebar, then X. This is the keyboard shortcut to maximizing a window.

It may not always work, because IE windows can be set to a certain size and prevented from maximizing, somehow...

Anyway, it may give you a clue as to what's going on...

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Well, it started to get bad today. So, I tried something different. I booted in safe mode...and did a system restore.

Seems to be working fine. Downloaded AVG.

Blue screen of death when I restart my laptop.
      Last edited by Greenday; 07-31-2010, 02:56 PM.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
      X