This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing corrupted WAV files?

A friend asked me to see if I could recover a corrupted WAV file. It's about 200MB and appears to be an interview of some sort (the first minute or so of the file is fine, white noise after that--there does appear to be something "under" the white noise but I'm not sure how to pull it out). It was recorded on an SD card and something happened when she was transferring it to a laptop.

I've tried importing it as raw data through Audacity as well as using WAVSaver (WS managed to clean up the first minute of audio but that's it). I do have an uncorrupted file (I think it was recorded on the same device) and I know I can re-do the headers in a hex editor, I'm just not sure exactly how to go about it.

Any ideas?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Where they able to listen to the recording on the device before they copied it over. Sounds more like a bad record then a corrupted file.

Comment

Yes. Using various programs I've managed to get all but the last minute of audio...
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X